Strawberry Tennis Courts
- Strawberry Recreation District has four tennis courts with lights.
- Courts are available for play from 7 am – 10 pm, reservations recommended.
- Courts are for SRD Tennis pass holders, their guests, and SRD program participants only.
- SRD adheres to California and Marin HHS Guidelines for safety and sanitization.
Playing doubles on the SRD courts is at a players own risk, and players from different households should maintain 6 feet of distance from one another at all times.
Marin/California Sports Guidelines – updated 12/14/2020
Face Coverings (from 12/14/20 Guidelines)
- Participants in youth and adult sports should wear face coverings when participating in the activity, even with heavy exertion as tolerated, both indoors and outdoors (unless the face covering could become a hazard), and face coverings must be worn when not participating in the activity (e.g., on the sidelines).
2021 Tennis Passes are sold out. Contact the SRD office to be placed on a waitlist.
Players must purchase a Tennis pass with key each year. Tennis passes are non-refundable and non-transferable. Patrons may purchase, when available:
Annual 12-Month pass (Jan – December) available for purchase mid-December*
*SRD reserves the right to limit the number of Tennis Pass Memberships sold. Pass sales dependent on availability, and may sell out.
When requested, pass holders are required to provide SRD staff with SRD tennis key/ photo ID when using the courts. Tennis pass holders may have a maximum of 3 guests on the court (including observers) with them at one time. See below for Pickleball rules.
STRAWBERRY RECREATION DISTRICT TENNIS COURT RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Courts are reserved exclusively for “TENNIS PASS MEMBERS & RENTAL AGREEMENT HOLDERS” of Strawberry Recreation District (SRD).
- SRD offers Strawberry resident and non-resident membership rates. Proof of residency required.
- SRD Tennis Pass Memberships are for recreational use only.
- All lessons, team/league practice & play (including Flex League) require an SRD Rental Agreement, proof of insurance and preapproval.
- SRD Tennis Pass Memberships may include immediate family members only.
- All Tennis Passholder family members using the courts must be listed on the membership.
- While using SRD courts, Tennis Passholders may not teach/receive lessons to/from anyone outside of their immediate family.
- Lost keys can be replaced for a fee.
- SRD has a free online court reservation system for Tennis Passholders.
- Reservations are strongly encouraged and may be required under certain conditions. *
- Reservations may be made in advance, according to current SRD schedule policy. *
- Tennis courts can be reserved up to a week in advance.
- It is highly recommended that people make reservations prior to coming to play on SRD courts. Players should not congregate waiting to play tennis.
- The SRD Tennis Court Reservation System is reset every Monday by noon, for the following week.
- If Monday is a holiday, then the reservation system will be reset on Tuesday.
- Reservations are limited to one per day per Tennis Membership.
- Reservations are forfeited if players who reserved the court are not present within 20 minutes after the start of the reservation period.
- To cancel your reservation, please call the SRD office @ 415.383.6494 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If a court is not reserved, the next persons waiting for a court shall be entitled to play on said court.
- Passholders with reservations have priority over walk-ins.
- Tennis Passholders can make reservations online @ strawberry.marin.org.
- All lessons, team/league practice & play must be booked by the SRD staff. Failure to do so may result in loss of reservation, pass and/or Rental Agreement.
- Reserve a court by logging into your Rec Desk account and click on the Reservations Tab. Must have Tennis pass to access password for calendar.
* Check with office for reservation details.
FACILITY USE RULES
- Court use hours are 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM only.
- Tennis passholders may have up to 3 guests on a court at one time, and are limited to a maximum of 4 people per court. Pre approval from SRD GM required to have more than 4 people on a court at one time. Pickleball rules apply to pickleball play only.
- Passholders and guests may not interfere with others using the courts unless to alert them of the next reservation time or to collect a ball that has rolled on to another court.
- Guests must always be accompanied by a Tennis Passholder.
- No strollers, animals, bicycles, roller skates, scooters or skateboards allowed.
- Gates must always be locked.
- TENNIS SHOES (Non-marking shoes only) must be worn while on the courts.
- Proper tennis attire (including shirts) must always be worn.
- Courts are for tennis use only, except for pickleball, which can be played on Court 4. See Pickleball Rules for additional information.
- Drawing lines, putting marks or tape of any kind on the courts is prohibited.
- No other sporting activities are permitted on courts.
- Use of a ball-machine must be pre-approved by SRD Management.
- If courts are not reserved, tennis play has priority over use of the backboards.
- Without a reservation, players are expected to observe 1.5 hours for doubles and 1 hour for singles. If others are waiting, please be considerate.
- Check postings or website for closures.
STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR
- Proper tennis etiquette in accordance with USTA Friend At Court must always be practiced.
- For the enjoyment and safety of everyone, SRD expects all participants to treat the people and facilities connected to SRD with respect, and abide by all rules and direction from the SRD staff.
- SRD reserves the right to refuse service/membership to anyone.
- Tennis Memberships and rental agreements may be suspended and/or revoked for failure to comply with SRD policies.
- Failure to know the rules does not excuse misuse of the SRD courts.
- Tennis courts are used at the Tennis Passholders own risk.
- SRD Courts are monitored by closed circuit cameras.
COURT RENTALS AND GROUP RATES
Court rental fees start at $27.50 per hour/per court. Contact General Manager, Nancy Shapiro for details. email@example.com or call the office.
Only SRD authorized instructors are permitted to teach lessons on SRD courts. Outside instruction or passholders bringing on outside instructors is prohibited and may result in the suspension or loss of tennis pass.
PICKLEBALL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- SRD Tennis Court passholders may play pickleball on Court 4 only, utilizing the painted lines closest to the fence only.
- Each SRD Tennis Passholder may host up to 3 guests at one time, and the pass holder must be present while their guests are on the courts.
- Two SRD passholders must be present when a group of more than four (4), and up to eight (8) are playing pickleball.
- Pickleball can be played with up to four (4) players on one side of a tennis court at one time. A maximum of eight (8) players are permitted on a full tennis court at one time.
- No more than eight (8) people may be on one tennis court, including bench areas, at one time, including players and observers.
- SRD Tennis Passholders are limited to one court reservation per day, per membership.
- SRD passholders and guests are prohibited from drawing lines on any tennis court without prior authorization from the SRD General Manager or the GMs designee.
- Failure to follow SRD Pickleball and Tennis Passholder rules and regulations may result in the suspension or revocation of a members pass.
All four courts are equipped with lights for evening play from dusk to 10 PM
For more information about lessons, please call our office @ 415.383.6494 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
SRD anticipates intermittent court closures throughout the year. We will do our best to notify pass holders in advance of the closure.
PATRON CODE OF CONDUCT
SRD Patron Conduct Policy and Dispute Resolution
**SRD Tennis courts are monitored by security cameras.